Monday, August 12, 2013

An Ode to Benefit







Let’s face it: Benefit has always had the coolest packaging. They just suck you in with all their bright colors, whimsical patterns and fantastic names.  For some reason, until a few months ago when I was just having a „blegh“ day (don’t act like you don’t know what I’m talking about) I went to go get my eyebrows done at their Brow Bar. After dying, waxing and plucking my brows the sales girl freshened up my make up and it is very possible that I bought most of what she was using. Since then I am extremely impressed! So far their face products have been my absolute favorites and their service was flawless (I opted for their counter at the Galeries Lafayette on Französische Straße).

The Hello Flawless“foundation and powder are by far my favorites along with the Fake Up concealer. The foundation is marketed for dry skin, but my skin is fairly oily and I have had no problems. It’s lightweight, not full coverage, but still gets the job done. Also, the tiniest pump will go a long way, I am currently using a deluxe sample in “Honey” as I’m darker in the summer and it has lasted me almost 2 weeks now. Another plus: Plastic packaging.- I can’t even count how many bottles of my Estee Lauder foundation I smashed!

The Hello Flawless powder offers more coverage then the MAC Mineralize Skinfinish and does not break me out and keeps my skin matte for longer than any powder I’ve tried. On good skin days I can get away with only this and some concealer.

Now to the (in my opinion) best part: the „Fake Up“ Concealer. First off, the packaging... could a concealer be any cuter? I think not!
Now I was skeptical about the moisturizer around the concealer for blemishes, but the girl at the counter made a good argument: When covering up blemishes you need to smooth them out first and she was spot on (no pun intended.. or was it?) .The coverage is great and with a little setting powder it does not budge all day.
(I know this looks messy- I've used this... a lot!)  



What are other Benefit products I need to try? I picked up the World Famous Neutrals palette the other day which I have been loving and was a great deal considering it being 4 powder eyeshadows and two cream shadows, and again I fell in love with the packaging!

Xoxo,

Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment